Who can refer?
Health and Social Care Professionals including Service Commissioners, GPs, District Nurses, Specialist Cancer Nurses, Social Workers, Physiotherapists and anyone else working with people who may benefit from our services.
People may also refer themselves or a family member.
What does Being There do?
Being There offers one-to-one emotional support and befriending, respite sitting, hospital transport, support groups and counselling. This may be accessed at home by having a specially trained volunteer visit on a regular basis, or by telephone or online. Please note: We are unable to carry out personal care or medicine administration. We are also unable to support people who lack capacity to make decisions about their own care.
Support is for people with with cancer or other life-limiting illnesses, such as stroke, heart and respiratory diseases, as well as carers and families. Current areas of operation are Manchester, Trafford, and Salford and Tameside.
Services undergo annual evaluation and clients are re-assessed every six months to ensure services continue to meet need.
Why not consider commissioning Being There?
- Quality assured, nationally recognised and local
- Personalized assessment and support to the most vulnerable
- Focus on wellbeing rather than illness
- Local staff and volunteers with personal experience of life limiting illness
- Work seamlessly with other health and social care providers within the North West
- NHS commissioning continuously for over 20 years
- Just under half of our clients self-refer following recommendation from friends
“Being There have helped greatly by providing respite and also emotional support. This has improved our quality of life and helped us to cope more easily with the situation we are in.”
“The sensitivity shown towards the family will always be remembered. The support offered is essential and valuable”
How do I refer my patient to Being There?
To refer a patient fill in the referral form linked below or telephone 0345 123 23 29. Messages may be left out of hours or if the line is busy.